OrbisGIS offers features to manipulate data.
To display the layer’s attributes, select it in the TOC (or in the Geocatalog) and make a right-click –> “Open attributes” ( ).
A new tab appears in the UI with all the attributes.
- On the top, the table name is displayed (in the illustration below “COMMUNE”) with the number of (selected) objects,
- There is a dynamic link between a row in the table and the object displayed in the map. So, if you select a row in the table and make a right-click, you can zoom on the selection using the “Zoom to selection” tool ( ),
- Primary key is identified with a specific icon ( ),
- Numeric fields are aligned on the right. Other types of field (string, boolean, …) are aligned on the left.
Operation on rows¶
With a right-click on a row, the user can access to several options:
- Filter selected rows ( ) (non-selected lines will be hidden),
- Create a datasource from the selection ( ): export the selection into a new layer,
- Unselect ( ),
- Zoom to selection ( ),
- Reverse the selection ( ),
- Select rows with the same value: search all the lines that has the same value in the selected field ( ).
Operation on a column¶
With a right-click on a column (field), the user can access to several options:
In the lower part of the window, there is a search engine that can be used in two ways: